Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Plan

So here are the basics of the plan.

I will be doing the 30 day juice cleanse/ diet.  That means nothing but.   homemade juice from fresh vegetables and fruits.  If you think this is crazy see what happened to Joe Cross in "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." His weightloss and overall improvement in health are incredible. 

Also I will be tracking my weight, steps, distance walked, and calories with my Fitbit Zip.  It should make it very easy to monitor my activities throughout the day, and everyone loves graphs in a presentation. 

My gym membership at Anytime Fitness will get some use as well.  I plan to go 3 times per week, but I might have to start slower.  I'm sure my internal system will need to take some time to get used to a healthier diet, made completely of juice.  It will not be happy with me, and will fight back with every pain, and food craving it's got.

Picking out dinner tonight was a lot like the choice a death row inmate has, as it is essentially my last real meal for at least 30 days.  I went with steak and potato skins, fyi.  I also picked up my supplies for several glasses of liquid veggie. 


There is literally hundreds of recipe's online for making different types of juice.  I have just been throwing together whatever sounded good at the time

The Breville Ikon
+

A whole plate of Veggies


=
Delicious Juice!   

This is what I will be enjoying for the next 30 days.  Hopefully I can make it through on this Juice alone.

2 comments:

  1. Andrew, Good for you for taking the steps to get healthy. I just finished a 70 day juice only fast last month and now am over 100 days into my journey. Today Jan 1st I was under 200 lbs for the first time in almost 20 Years (I'm 43) A total loss of 70 lbs so far!
    Try not to call or think of it as a diet but as a lifestyle change. And the juice fast is just the detox to get your body ready for your new lifestyle. Diets are temporary and the weight always comes back unless you make a change. Don't listen to the naysayers, these are the people that will be asking you for advice in 2-3 months. Trust me it happens to me every day. Good luck and Happy Juicing!
    PS check out the blog of my journey so far!

    http://mygreenjuicingjourney.blogspot.com/2013/12/day-101.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Congratulations on your decision to be a better you. I just watched FSND last week and I'm going to start a 3 day reboot on Monday. Who knows, maybe I'll try longer. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete